Featuring: fitted at the shoulders, bust and semi fitted at the waist fit and flare skater dress with different options, designed for knit fabrics. Bodice is finished with a lined waistband at the natural waistline. Crew, scoop or boatneck style neckline is finished with bands. Can be with short, 3/4, long or lantern elbow length sleeves or sleeveless. Offered with a half circle peplum or classic skirt with 2 pleats in the back and in the front. Optional side seam pockets. Versatile dress for any time of the year – perfect any occasion, quick to make and easy to wear. Flattering on most of the body types.
The pattern offers the following options:
View A – Skater dress with a standard skirt, inseam pockets, boatneck style neckline and lantern sleeves.
View B – Top with long sleeves and a peplum. Long sleeves can be changed to 3/4 or short sleeves.
View C – Skater sleeveless dress with a standard skirt and inseam pockets
Techniques to master: serging, topstitching, inseam pockets, simple pleats
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (27 pages)
2. A4/Letter layered multisided pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (45 pages to print)
3. (AVAILABLE ON 15th of April) A0/Copyshop layered multisized pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (3 pages)
4. Projector multisized layered pattern with a calibrating grid in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height
5. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to 4XL
The pdf pattern is beginner (2/10) level pattern.
Takes 2-3 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Light to medium weight knit fabric with at least 50 % horizontal and 20% vertical stretch
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
BODICE + WAISTBAND 0.5 – 0.7 m / 1/2 yards
SLEEVE (LONG) 0.7 m / 1 yard
SLEEVE (3/4) 0.6 m / 3/4 yards
SLEEVE (SHORT) 0.4 m / 1/2 yard
SLEEVE LANTERN 0.6 m / 3/4 yards
SKIRT 1.2-1.6 m / 1 1/2-2 yards
PEPLUM 0.9 m / 1 yard
POCKETS CAN BE CUT OUT OF SKIRT YARDAGE
Ribbing/Main Fabric (neckline band, armhole bands)*
Medium weight knit fabric with at least 30-50% stretch and good recovery.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm – 0.1 m / 1/8 yards
- (optional) A strip of knit fusible interfacing 30 cm / 12 inches for pocket openings reinforcement.
- (optional) Clear elastic, twill tape or selvages from woven fabric for stabilizing shoulder seams 30 cm / 12 in.
- (optional) 20-30 mm / 3/4 – 1 1/4 in elastic equal to your waist measurement for stabilizing waistline.
- Polyester / Cotton threads
- (optional) Matching overlocker threads, preferably wooly nylon stretch overlocking thread
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.