S1016 Mia knit maxi skirt with side slits and yoga style waistband
Featuring: fitted at the waist and hips, slightly flared midi or maxi skirt for knit fabrics. Optional side slits. Self lined contoured yoga style standard or draped (pleated) waistband. Offered as a maxi (floor length) or midi (mid calf length) skirt. Can be cut on bias with the center front and center back seam – perfect for striped fabric.
Lightly flared, but still almost straight silhouette of the skirt doesn’t make it look or feel heavy as well as doesn’t require a large amount of fabric. Perfect for summer as well as for winter made of heavier fabrics. Easy to style. Depending on the fabric colour, print and texture can become a part of a casual or smart casual outfit.
Techniques to master: serging, hemming, finishing a slit, pleating
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (29 pages)
2. A4/Letter gradable pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (20 pages to print)
3. A0/Copyshop multisized pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (1 page)
4. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to XXL
US0-US22 / UK8-UK26
PETITE 152-160 cm /5 1” – 5 3”
REGULAR 162-170 cm / 5 4” – 5 6”
TALL 170-178 cm / 5 7” – 5 9”
The pdf pattern is a very beginner (2/ 10) level and very easy to sew.
Takes 1-2 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Light to medium weight opaque knit fabric with at least 50% horizontal and 30% vertical stretch.
140cm / 55in
MIDI SKIRT (CUT ON FOLD) US0-US08 – 0.9 m / 1 yard
MIDI SKIRT (CUT ON FOLD) US08-US22 – 1.8 m / 2 yards
MAXI SKIRT (CUT ON FOLD) US0-US04 – 1.2 m / 1 1/4 yards
MAXI SKIRT (CUT ON FOLD) US0-US04 – 2.2 m / 2 1/4 yards
BIAS CUT SKIRT (ALL SIZES) – 2.3 m / 2 1/2 yards *
* if you’re matching stripes or other prints the yardage may differ
PLEATED WAISTBAND – 0.4 m / 1/2 yards
(optional) Lining fabric for the waistband
A fabric with the same or greater stretch as the main fabric and with excellent recovery that is used to line the waistband for greater stability.
ALL VERSIONS – 0.25 m / 1/4 yards
1. (optional) Waistline stabiliser – a clear elastic or knitted soft elastic (7-10 mm / 1/4-3/8 in width) equal to your waist circumference.
2. Matching polyester / Cotton threads
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.
A link to your blog post can be here.