Featuring: relaxed at the shoulders and waist, semi fitted at the bust and hips (with the bottom band) classic raglan hoodie with a zipper. Offered with a scuba style high neck lined full hood, half hood (cowl) or standing collar. Sleeves are finished with fitted cuffs. Can have kangaroo pockets finished with bands, zippered pockets (with tabs) or cargo style patch pockets with flaps. The zipper is finished with a facing. With so many pocket options and different neckline finishes you can make so many different zippered hoodies/jackets. Although zippered front can be intimidating we made sure that our tutorial is very detailed and that even a beginner can complete this sewing project.
Techniques to master: serging, topstitching, installing zipper, understitching
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (35 pages)
2. A4/Letter layered multisided pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (36-44 pages to print)
3. A0/Copyshop layered multisized pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (3 pages)
4. Projector multisized layered pattern with a calibrating grid in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height
5. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to XXL
US0-US22 / UK8-UK26
PETITE 152-160 cm /5 1” – 5 3”
REGULAR 162-170 cm / 5 4” – 5 6”
TALL 170-178 cm / 5 7” – 5 9”
The pdf pattern is an advanced beginner (4/10) level and moderately easy to sew.
Takes 4-5 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Medium to heavy weight knit fabric with at least 20-30% horizontal and vertical stretch.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
BODICE, FACING 0.7 – 0.9 m / 3/4 – 1 yard
SLEEVE 0.8 m / 1 yard
KANGAROO POCKET 0.4 m / 1/2 yards
CARGO STYLE POCKET/ZIPPERED POCKET 0.3 m / 3/8 yards
HOOD (MAIN FABRIC + LINING) – 0.6 m / 3/4 yards
HALF HOOD (MAIN FABRIC + LINING) – 0.25 / 1/2 yards
STANDING COLLAR (MAIN FABRIC) – 0.25 / 1/4 yards
Lining/Ribbing/Main Fabric (cuffs, bands)*
Medium weight knit fabric with at least 30-50% stretch and good recovery.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm – 0.3 m / 1/2 yard
- Open end (separating) nylon or chunky zipper (PETITE US0-US16:[61 cm / 24 in], US18-US22:[66 cm / 26 in], US24-US30:[71 cm / 28 in], REGULAR US0-US16:[66 cm / 26 in], US18-US22:[71 cm / 28 in], US24-US30:[76 cm / 30 in], TALL US0-US16:[71 cm / 28 in], US18-US22:[76 cm / 30 in], US24-US30:[81 cm / 32 in])
- (optional for hood) 2 grommets/eyelets (and tools) or buttonhole foot for your sewing machine and 2 pieces of fusible interfacing 2.5×2.5 cm / 1×1 in
- (facing, bodice, hood, band, collar) 0.6 m / 3/4 yards regular non stretch fusible interfacing
- (zippered pockets) 0.2 m / 1/6 yards regular fusible interfacing
- (zippered pockets) 2 matching nylon or chunky zippers at least 20 cm / 8 in long
- (cargo style pockets) 2 buttons or 2 snaps 10-15 mm / 3/8-5/8 in in diameter
- Polyester / Cotton threads
- (optional) Matching overlocker threads, preferably wooly nylon stretch overlocking thread
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.