Featuring: fitted at the shoulders, bust and waist, with a flared skirt faux wrap knit dress with a pleated accent at the side seam. Medium depth modest neckline is finished with a band. Offered as a dress with a knee or midi length flared skirt or as a top with an overlapped peplum. Can be made as a sleeveless dress/top or with short, 3/4, long or elbow length sleeves with a flounce. Optional side pockets and simple waistline belt. The versatility of the pattern allows you to create a lot of different looks and variations for any occasion and any time of the year. Whether you want to create an evening dress, a night out fashionable top or a light summer dress we’ve got you covered with the Joanne faux wrap dress or top pattern.
Techniques to master: serging, pleats, finishing neckline with a band, flounce, hemming
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (36 pages)
2. A4/Letter gradable pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (bodice/skirt/peplum – 60-65 pages to print)
3. AVAILABLE ON SUNDAY 22nd of Sep 2019 – A0/Copyshop multisized pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (bodice/skirt/peplum – 3 pages)
4. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to XXL
US0-US22 / UK8-UK26
PETITE 152-160 cm /5 1” – 5 3”
REGULAR 162-170 cm / 5 4” – 5 6”
TALL 170-178 cm / 5 7” – 5 9”
The pdf pattern is a beginner (3/10) level and very easy to sew.
Takes 1-2 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Light to medium weight knit fabric with at least 50 % horizontal and 20% vertical stretch
140cm / 55in
BODICE – 0.9 m / 1 yard
SKIRT Knee length – 1.2 m / 1 1/2 yards (can be cut on straight or cross grain)
SKIRT Midi length – 1.7 m / 1 7/8 yards (can be cut on straight or cross grain)
PEPLUM – 0.7 m / 3/4 yards
LONG SLEEVE 0.9 m / 1 yard
3/4 SLEEVE 0.7 m / 3/4 yard
SHORT SLEEVE 0.4 m / 1/2 yard
ELBOW LENGTH SLEEVE WITH FLOUNCE 0.9 m / 1 yard
- (optional) A strip of knit fusible interfacing 30 cm / 12 inches for pocket openings reinforcement.
- (optional, but highly recommended) Clear elastic for stabilizing waistline equal to your waist measurement plus 5 cm / 2 in
- Polyester / Cotton threads
- (optional) Matching overlocker threads, preferably wooly nylon stretch overlocking threads
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.
A link to your blog post can be here.