S1042 Dakota knit tunic or dress with a peplum and a placket
Featuring: Fitted at the shoulders, bust and through the sleeves, with a 1/4 circle gathered peplum/skirt, empire waist dress or tunic. Both dress and tunic options are with curved hem. Can be finished with a true or faux button placket or as a solid piece (without the placket). Offered with long, 3/4 and short sleeves or sleeveless. Optional inseam pockets. Very versatile pattern that can be reused multiple times to create many different outfits for different time of the year.
Option #1: Dress or tunic with a placket
Option #2: Dress or tunic with a faux placket (no buttonholes)
Option #3: Dress or tunic with a solid front piece
All options can have short, 3/4, long sleeves or sleeveless option and crew or scoop neckline finish.
Techniques to master: serging, gathering, topstitching, inseam pockets, hemming, placket, buttonholes
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (30 pages)
2. A4/Letter gradable pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (28-32 pages to print)
3. A0/Copyshop multisized pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (2 pages to print)
4. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to XXL
US0-US22 / UK8-UK26
PETITE 152-160 cm /5 1” – 5 3”
REGULAR 162-170 cm / 5 4” – 5 6”
TALL 170-178 cm / 5 7” – 5 9”
The pdf pattern is a beginner to advanced beginner, depending on chosen options (2/10-4/10) with easy to follow detailed tutorial.
Takes 2-4 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Light to medium weight knit fabric with at least 50% horizontal and 30% vertical stretch.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
BODICE + PEPLUM (TUNIC) – 1.3-1.5 m / 1 1/2 yards
BODICE + SKIRT (DRESS) – 1.6-2 m / 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 yards
SHORT SLEEVE 0.4 m / 1/2 yard
3/4 SLEEVE 0.6 m / 3/4 yard
LONG SLEEVE 0.8 m / 1 yard
Neckline/armholes finish (binding)
Very light to light knit fabric with excellent recovery and at least 30-50% horizontal and vertical stretch. The best option would be knit lining or tricot fabric.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm NECKLINE/ARMHOLE BINDINGS 0.2 m / 1/4 yard
1. 8-15 mm / 1/4-5/8 in – soft elastic band equal to your waist measurement. Alternatively you can use clear elastic.
2. (optional) Seam stabilizer – twill cotton tape, clear elastic or selvages from woven fabrics – 30 cm / 12 inches
3. A strip of 30 cm / 1/3 yards of knit fusible interfacing (for pockets and a placket)
4. (optional) 7/5 buttons approx. 1 cm / 3/8 in or less in diameter
5. Polyester / Cotton threads
6. (optional) Matching overlocker threads / (optional) wooly nylon stretch overlocking thread
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.
A link to your blog post can be here.