Featuring: semi fitted at the shoulders and bust, fitted at the hips (with the bottom band) colorblocked hoodie for knit fabrics. Can be made as a t-shirt, sweater or a hoodie with a hidden kangaroo pocket in the central panel. Offered with a crew style neck, lined cowl or overlapped lined hood, can have short, elbow length or full length sleeves finished with fitted cuffs. The bottom hem can be hemmed or finished with a casing or fitted bottom band. Depending on the fabrics and designs you choose, this garment can be used in many applications from lounge wear to office wear. With different fabrics, sleeves options, cowl, hood and crew neck you could have a wardrobe of comfy shirts that don’t look like you used the same pattern. The ease with which the top comes together makes it perfect for busy people to make something fun in a limited timeframe.
Techniques to master: serging, installing grommets, inseam pockets, topstitching
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (32 pages)
2. A4/Letter layered multisided pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (50-55 pages to print)
3. A0/Copyshop layered multisized pattern in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (3 pages)
4. Projector multisized layered pattern with a calibrating grid in sizes XS-4XL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height
5. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to 4XL
The pdf pattern is a beginner (3/10) level and easy to sew.
Takes 3-4 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Medium to heavy weight knit fabric with at least 20-30% horizontal and vertical stretch.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
BODICE 0.7 – 0.9 m / 3/4 – 1 yard
SLEEVE 0.8 m / 1 yard, SHORT SLEEVE 0.5 m / 1/2 yards
KANGAROO POCKET (FACING/LINING) 0.4 m / 1/2 yards
HOOD (MAIN FABRIC + LINING) – 0.6 m / 3/4 yards
COWL (MAIN FABRIC + LINING) – 0.4 m / 1/2 yards
Lining/Ribbing/Main Fabric (cuffs, bands)*
Medium weight knit fabric with at least 30-50% stretch and good recovery.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm – 0.3 m / 1/2 yard
- (optional) Clear elastic, twill tape or selvages from woven fabric for stabilizing shoulder seams 30 cm / 12 in.
- (optional for hood, cowl and/or bottom casing) 2 grommets/eyelets (and tools) or buttonhole foot for your sewing machine and 2 pieces of fusible interfacing 2.5×2.5 cm / 1×1 in
- (optional) pre-made drawstrings 1.2-1.5 m / 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 yards (HOOD/COWL), 1.3-2 m / 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 yards (BOTTOM CASING)
- (pocket version) 0.2 m / 1/6 yards regular fusible interfacing
- Polyester / Cotton threads
- (optional) Matching overlocker threads, preferably wooly nylon stretch overlocking thread
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.