S1066 Brooke classic knit polo shirt and dress for women
Featuring: fitted at the shoulders and bust, relaxed at the waist and semi fitted at the hips classic polo shirt or dress. Neckline is finished with a classic (Eton collar) or rounded (Peter Pan collar) collar and a narrow enclosed placket finished with buttons. Offered in a classic polo shirt, tunic and a shirt dress above the knee length. Bottom hem for the shirt/tunic and shirt dress is finished with a simple split hem. Has 3 sleeve options – gathered short, three quarters or long sleeve finished with a band or it can be done as a sleeveless shirt with armholes finished with simple bands. Lightly gathered sleeves add a feminine touch to the garment. Very versatile pattern for any time of the year and offers many different styles of the garment.
Option #1: A shirt with Eton or Peter Pan collar
Option #2: A tunic with Eton or Peter Pan collar
Option #3: A shirt dress with Eton or Peter Pan collar
All options can have short, 3/4, long sleeves finished with bands or to be sleeveless.
Techniques to master: topstitching, placket, buttonholes, collars, split hem, serging, topstitching, hemming
Comes with a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and photos.
1. PDF tutorial with pictures (41 pages)
2. A4/Letter gradable pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (36 pages to print)
3. A0/Copyshop multisized pattern in sizes XS-XXL in REGULAR/PETITE/TALL height (2 pages to print and tape together)
4. Email/Facebook group support
The pdf pattern comes in REGULAR, PETITE and TALL with sizes from XS to XXL
US0-US22 / UK8-UK26
PETITE 152-160 cm /5 1” – 5 3”
REGULAR 162-170 cm / 5 4” – 5 6”
TALL 170-178 cm / 5 7” – 5 9”
The pdf pattern is an advanced beginner/intermediate (4/10) level with easy to follow detailed tutorial. It is suitable for beginners, but may take longer time and some practice to complete the project.
Takes 3-4 hours to finish (time may vary depending on your skills, equipment and supplies).
Medium weight stable knit fabric with at least 20-30 % horizontal stretch
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
SHIRT 0.9 m / 1 yards
TUNIC 1 m / 1 1/4 yards
SHIRT DRESS 1.3 m / 1 1/2 yards
50/60″ / 140-160 cm
SHORT SLEEVE 0.4 m / 1/2 yard
3/4 SLEEVE 0.7 m / 3/4 yard
LONG SLEEVE 0.9 m / 1 yard
Medium weight woven fabric or stable light to medium weight knit fabric with low stretch
140cm / 55in 45 cm / 1/2 yards
Armholes finish (sleeveless version only)
Light to medium knit fabric with excellent recovery and at least 30-50% horizontal and vertical stretch.
50/60″ / 140-160 cm ARMHOLE BANDS 0.1 m / 1/8 yard
- A strip of 40 cm / 1/2 yard of knit fusible interfacing
- 9 mm / 3/8 in buttons – 5 pcs.
- Neckline binding – 10-12 mm / 3/8-1/2 in – 0.9 m / 1 yard length cotton twill tape / pre made woven bias binding (full width) / solid woven trim / strip of knit lining or light weight knit fabric 3 cm / 1 3/16 in width
- Matching polyester / Cotton threads
- (optional) Matching overlocker threads
This pdf pattern is not offered in custom sizes.
A link to your blog post can be here.